ITA (Italian Trade Agency) is seeking a full-time Junior Marketing Analyst on a permanent basis at its Montreal office. ITA Agency is the Governmental agency that supports the business development of Italian companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign investment in Italy.
With a motivated and modern organisation and a widespread network of offices, ITA provides information, assistance, consulting, promotion, and training to Italian small and medium-sized businesses. Using the most modern multi-channel communication and promotion tools, ITA acts to assert the excellence of Made in Italy in the world. In addition to its headquarters in Rome, ITA operates worldwide through a large network of Trade Agencies Offices linked to Italian embassies and consulates, working closely with local authorities and companies. All ITA staff are bound by the Code of Conduct published in the Amministrazione Trasparente section of the main web portal: www.ice.it
Duties & Responsibilities of the Junior Marketing Analyst (JMA)
The JMA will assist Italian companies interested in entering the Canadian marketplace or strengthening their existing presence.
The position allows the successful candidate to enter a lively and dynamic work environment with ample opportunities to develop a range of professional skills through on-the-job training and work experience.
The JMA will be hired at the entry level of the relevant professional profile, under the supervision of experienced colleagues and the office management. Agri-food products will be the target sector in the first years of work.
The duties and responsibilities of the JMA, are as follows:
- Assisting and promoting Italian companies in the Canadian market and, occasionally, assisting Canadian companies that want to do business with Italy through personalised services (information, marketing support and development of business networks or investments).
- Monitoring business opportunities through multi-channel databases and information tools, participation in webinars, conferences, and networking events.
- Organising promotions planned in the ITA Agency’s activity programmes or upon request by specific clients, with full or partial responsibility for the various organisational aspects of each project.
- Office and administrative work (request for quotations, contracts, drafting of reports).
- Maintaining useful contacts with third parties and involved agencies.
- Production of marketing content and materials, project analysis.
- Updating databases, websites and implementation of multi-channel campaigns, including social media.
- Organisation of business trips for delegates of Italian companies to Canada, as well as of Canadian business delegates to Italy.
- Travelling domestically and internationally, if required (1 to 10 working days).
- Carry out other specific tasks assigned by the supervisors.
Requirements and skills
University Degree, preferably in a relevant discipline, such as Marketing, Business Administration, Communication, Political Science, Law, Engineering.
A minimum of two years of professional experience gained in areas relevant to the position.
- Full proficiency in French
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Italian will be considered an asset
Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Suite, Internet, Mass emailing and social media related to Marketing.
- Analytical skills, problem solving, organisational, interpersonal, communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and strong sense for priorities.
- Motivation to improve and develop professional skills.
- Meticulous work ethic with attention to detail.
- High sense of responsibility, rigour, reliability and confidentiality.
- Ability to plan, execute and report on medium-term work programs.
- Professional appearance and demeanour.
All requirements must be met at the time of application.
Terms and conditions of employment
The position is open-ended, full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in presence. The work location is the ITA office in Montreal, located at 1000 Sherbrooke Street West.
Candidates must already hold a valid work permit issued by Canadian authorities, i.e. be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada.
Candidates possessing the above mentioned requirements will be convened via e-mail, using the address provided when submitting their application, for a written test and then, at a later date, for an interview, at the ITC’s premises in Montreal, located at 1000 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 1720, Montreal.
The Italian Trade Commission does not reimburse any travel or relocation costs related to this selection process and the subsequent assignment.
The written test will be marked out of 40 points. A passing score of 24 points is a prerequisite to be admitted to the oral test.
The oral test consists of an interview to determine if the candidate meets the above requirements. This test is scored out of 60 points.
During the written test candidates will be asked to use office productivity software to produce or complete documents related to international marketing support activities, normally carried out by the office
The committee will establish the criteria for awarding points before the tests begin.
The overall ranking by merit among the applications received will remain open for a period of three years in case it is necessary to replace the selected candidate with another successful applicant.
ITA Agency reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time and for any reason and not to hire any of the candidates invited to the tests if they are not considered qualified.
The members of the selection committee are Marco Saladini, Director of ITA Agency in Canada (Chair), Pietro Goglia,Vice Director and Angela Gensale, Senior Accountant (Commissioners).
Salary and Compensation
- Salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience and up to a maximum of 4,800 cad per month, with two bonuses, one equal to one month’s salary and the other based on performance, hence discretionary.
- A group insurance plan is offered.
- Training will take place both on the job and through formal courses.
- The JMA will have 15 days of annual vacation for the first six years, and from the seventh year on, an additional day per year up to a maximum of 25 days per year.
Applicants must collect in an unique single PDF file the following required documents and send it by email to [email protected] :
- A signed cover letter explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and how they meet all required qualifications (optional);
- A copy of a valid ID document;
- An up to date resumé
These documents must be received by July 8, 2022. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Candidates who pass the written test must submit the following documents
- Copy of the degree diploma
- Copies of documentation proving
- Canadian citizenship or a valid and open-ended work permit for non-Canadian citizens
- Fiscal residence in Canada
- Clear criminal record certificate issued by the Canadian authorities and/or of the country of citizenship.
If the candidate is not able to provide all the above-mentioned documents, the application will be automatically refused.
ITA does not discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, colour, race, religion, or country of origin in the application of its employment policies, including but not limited to recruitment, training, and promotion. Provided every requirement of education, skill, technical qualifications, and experience is met, the criterion for selection will be the ability to perform the job under the specified conditions of service. All personnel will be given equal opportunity, based on performances and competencies.
Questionnaire – to be returned with the application, by the deadline, unless filled out online, if applying via Indeed.com or other platform where the questions below are found
- Are you authorized to work in Canada for any employer? YES _ NO_
- Do you speak Italian? YES _ NO_
- Do you speak English? YES _ NO_
- Do you speak French? YES _ NO_
- How many years of work experience in marketing and/or communication do you have? YEARS __
- Can you come to work on a daily basis at our premises in downtown Montreal, Quebec?
- Do you hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent study title? YES _ NO_